Gaia News | 07.06.2021
Do you want to be part of making the future and businesses sustainable? Are you interested in finding solutions to the most significant challenges of our time? We are looking for new Gaians to join us!
Gaia Consulting is recruiting persons with expertise in Carbon Neutrality (including compensation mechanisms), and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA). The position offered will be based on your experience and capabilities.
Gaia is a consultancy for sustainable business. Our work ranges from carbon accounting to risk management and finding new business opportunities. We work with the public and private sectors – an approach that allows us to have a real impact on society. In all our work, we provide innovative solutions for sustainability.
We offer you the possibility to make the world cleaner and safer with our clients. At Gaia, you will be met by a welcoming expert community, a team with a high ambition level and the possibility to work both remotely and in our offices in Helsinki or Turku. While you work in our team, you will be able to challenge and develop yourself in interesting projects with inspiring clients that aim at making the world a more sustainable place.
We expect that you:
- Have graduated with a university-level degree,
- Are fluent in Finnish and English – Swedish and other languages are a plus,
- Are self-directed and like to work in teams,
- Are willing to develop yourself,
- Have exhibited creative and strategic thinking as well as analytical skills.
Expectations for the Carbon Neutrality expert:
- At least 3-5 years of work experience related to emission offsetting (compensation), climate change mitigation and carbon neutrality,
- Specific expertise in the design and implementation of emission offsetting (either in voluntary or regulated offset markets); knowledge of the carbon mitigation hierarchy, quality criteria and definitions of good offsetting, and of international offset standards,
- Knowledge of climate policy (Finland, EU and international), especially in relation to climate change mitigation and emission offsetting.
- Experience in analyzing carbon neutrality targets, in particular in terms of their coverage, reliability and timing. Experience in carbon neutrality definitions and claims.
It’s an advantage if you have:
- Experience in planning the achievement of emission reduction targets, for example company- or industry-specific low-carbon roadmaps,
- Knowledge of specific emission reduction opportunities and ability to analyse and calculate emission reduction potential,
- Understanding of emission reduction contexts and potential synergies and/or trade-offs with other climate or SDG targets,
- Carbon footprint calculation expertise (GHG Protocol, Scopes 1-3),
- International work experience.
Expectations for the EIA & SEA expert
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience,
- Understanding of environmental permitting and environmental impact assessment (EIA, in Finnish YVA) processes and requirements,
- Knowledge about the strategic environmental assessment (SEA, in Finnish SOVA) process and requirements,
- Insight about the strategic importance and stakeholder dialogue concerning environmental assessment process and requirements,
- Experience in preparing documentation for above mentioned permitting and assessment purposes,
- Experience in collaboration with national authorities,
- Project management experience is a plus.
Are you a future Gaian? Send us your CV and an application letter and tell us how you would contribute to helping our clients make the world cleaner and safer. Send us your application through this link by 22nd June 2021.
For more information, please contact us
About EIA and SEA and any general questions regarding Gaia as an employer, call Piia Pessala (+358 400 982 042) 8 June at 1-2 pm / 11 June at 4-5 pm / 16 June at 9-10 am.
About carbon neutrality, call Anna Laine (+358 50 513 1260) 8 June at 10-11 am / 11 June at 10-11 am / 15 June at 2-3 pm.