Gaia News | 17.12.2020
Gaia is a consultancy for sustainable business. Our work ranges from strategic management consultancy to technical advisory on business, technology and political frameworks for both private businesses and public organisations. We provide innovative solutions for sustainability.
We offer you the possibility to make the world cleaner and safer with our clients. At Gaia, you will be met by a welcoming expert community, a team with a high ambition level and the possibility to work from distance and in our offices in Helsinki or Turku. While you work in our team, you will be able to challenge and develop yourself in interesting projects.
Are you a future Gaian?
We expect you:
- Have an understanding of forestry, forest management, forest ecology and the role of forests in climate mitigation and adaptation; including carbon cycle as well as the reciprocal relationship between soil and vegetation.
- Have experience in the programs and software used to calculate carbon balance of land use.
- Are well-aware of the open databases that provide data on land use.
- Have a passion for developing sustainable business solutions.
- Are self-directed and willing to develop yourself.
- Have a team spirit and willingness to work together with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a suitable university-level degree.
- Are fluent in Finnish and English. Swedish and other languages are a plus.
It is an advantage if you:
- Have knowledge of national greenhouse gas inventory methodology, especially regarding calculations in the LULUCF sector.
- Have knowledge of carbon offsetting projects in the land use sector, international offsetting standards or carbon sink or storage calculations.
- Have knowledge of climate policy in Finland and in the European Union.
- Have knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) and tools
- Are skilled with coding, such as R.
- Are skilled with calculation and Excel.
Above all, we are looking for a person with suitable skills. The position will be determined according to your expertise.
Interested? Send us your CV and an application letter, in which you tell why you would be fit for the position. Send us your application through this link by January 8, 2021. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For more information about the position, please contact Piia Pessala at 0400 982 042 Tuesday, December 22 at 10-11am or Monday, January 4 at 10-11am.
About Gaia Consulting
With more than 25 years of experience, Gaia has one of the world’s largest and most experienced teams in our field. We have helped over 1,000 companies and organisations in over 60 countries to make the world a cleaner and safer place. Our work combines in-depth, multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral expertise with uncompromising quality and reliability. For our clients, sustainability means new business opportunities and smaller risks. Producing more from less leads to sustainability that takes both people and the environment into consideration.