Our Climate Policy
Gaia operates as a Climate Positive Company
- Gaia operates as a Climate Positive Company
- We go beyond carbon neutrality: we compensate all our climate emission by 200% since 2012. We offset the greenhouse gas emissions of our operations annually through a credible offset provider in climate mitigation projects that promote sustainable development and clean energy. Gaia has been carbon neutral since 2007.
- We measure the greenhouse gas emissions of our operations and report our carbon footprint annually.
- As we travel for business we favour public transport if it is reasonable considering time limitations.
- International travel and traveling between our offices is minimised whenever possible. Instead, electronic communication media is used when it is sufficient for the communication needs.
- We practice sustainable development by: minimizing the consumption of hot water and electricity (switch off and un-plug electronic devices when not in use); preferring electronic communication and decreasing the use of paper, considering the environmental impact of product life cycle as well as waste recycling; avoiding unnecessary chemicals; preferring organic and fair trade food products.
- Gaia is part of the Climate Partners network between the City of Helsinki (Finland) and businesses. More information on Climate Partners: www.ilmastokumppanit.fi
- Gaia is part of the Climate Partners co-operation between the City of Helsinki (Finland) and businesses. See Gaia’s commitment for the network (PDF, in Finnish only)